To apply for an internship you must:
- Currently be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or have a bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D.
- Be able to commit 30-35 hours a week during the summer
- Complete internship application
- Curriculum vitae/résumé
- University/college transcript(s) (unofficial)
- Two letters of recommendation within the scientific field
- Cover letter in which you state your motivation to apply for this particular project (projects)
Applications for Summer 2015: TBD
Below are fellowship programs that you should also consider. If you are not enrolled at the University of Rhode Island, check with your home institution for fellowship opportunities. The dates will be coming up fast, so please apply soon.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships at the University of Rhode Island: http://www.uri.edu/inbre/surp/research.shtml
- Coastal Fellows Program: http:/cels.uri.edu/coastalfellows/rationale.asp
If you are a Brown student, please check the link below:
- Summer UTRA Awards: http:/brown.edu/Administration/Dean_of_the_College/utra/summer_utra.php
Note: Prerequisite training (ie CITI training, chemical safety training, etc) must occur prior to start of semester internship.