The best minds in vaccine design and development gathered in Providence, Rhode Island in October 2011 for iCubed’s 5th Annual Vaccine Renaissance Conference.
The interactive program offered ample time for the exchange of ideas among experts in vaccine research, vaccine delivery, clinical trials and basic immunology. Nationally recognized researchers and members of the vaccine development industry attended.
Through the program’s list of noted speakers as well as our diverse agenda, we focused on vaccines for neglected tropical diseases, cancer, biodefense, vaccines for animals, as well as one health vaccines which will protect both animals and humans.
VACCINE RENAISSANCE V – SPEAKERS:
- Randolph Seidler, D.M.V., Ph.D., Head of Corporate, Research and Development, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.
- Crystal Loving, Ph.D., Research Immunologist, Respiratory Diseases of Swine, United States Department of Agriculture
- Mark Steinhoff, M.D., Division Director, Global Health Center, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Mark Poznansky, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Infectious Disease Unit, Mass. General Hospital
- Cyril Gay, D.M.V., Ph.D., Senior National Program Leader, Animal Production and Protection, Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Research, Education, and Economics, United States Department of Agriculture
- Barney Graham , M.D., Ph.D., Senior Investigator, Chief, Clinical Trials Core, Chief, Viral Pathogenesis Laboratory, Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, NIH
- Jeffrey Ulmer, Ph.D., Head of External Research, Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics
- Matthew Morrow, Ph.D., Product Development Scientist, Inovio Pharmaceuticals
- Mirko Zimic, Ph.D., M.H.S., M.Sc., Professor, Dpt. Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Leader of the Bioinformatics Unit, Faculty of Science and Philosophy, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
Monday, October 17 – Wednesday, October 19
Day 1-2: Hotel Providence – 139 Mathewson Street, Providence, RI 02903
Day 3: URI Feinstein Campus (Downtown Providence) University of Rhode Island
CONTACT: Patrick Lowney
Phone: (401) 277-5408
CHILD CARE: Please contact iCubed with any questions regarding child care during the conference.